Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Bang Up Job



A few months ago, I had my hair cut at the same place where I usually get my massages and sometimes facials, Dolce Salon and Spa. I had a gift card to use and a coupon, so I figured I'd take advantage and save some money. While the girl who cut my hair did a great job, I've been having my hair cut and styled and colored over the last few years by my favorite hairstylists, and when you're used to certain people doing your hair, I guess it's like getting used to a new boyfriend after a breakup with an old one...you can't compare apples to oranges.

Now, the thing is, that haircut was just fine. The bang trim that I got very recently? Yeah, not so much.

When I went into the salon and asked for a bang trim and told the stylist (who was new and had never cut my hair before, ever) what exactly I was looking for, and what look I was wanting to achieve, she didn't really get it, so she cut my bangs shorter than I wanted them, and straight across. They were choppy looking, and I might as well have asked my teenage niece to cut them with blunt scissors. I left the salon ready to cry.

It has taken weeks to recuperate from the bad haircut I got that day, and I was in tears in the Nordstrom parking lot afterwards. I had never experienced what it felt like to have a bad haircut in my adult life. (In my childhood? That's a whole other ballgame.) It was a humbling life experience, to go through the anguish and despair that bad bangs and an inability to style them in any sort of stylish way can bring you. And although the rest of my hair looked just fine, my bangs were shoddy and horrid.

I will be going back to my salon this week for an appointment with my hair stylist so that I get a quality haircut that I know is going to look fab, for at least 2 months.

It's very much like the expression goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The same applies to your beauty pro's.

No comments:

Post a Comment