Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Monday, October 25, 2010

Walk a Mile in my Moccasins



During the week, I usually wear either high heels, if I have a meeting to attend, or if I'm running errands or doing business for my own personal businesses, or you can find me wearing boots or cute wedges or sandals to work when I'm in the classroom teaching the young children I now work with. I very seldom have the opportunity to wear comfy shoes, or fun shoes, so on the weekend, that's the time for me to let my hair down, so to speak, and wear whatever I want.

This invites many possibilities. If I'm going out with the ladies for a girls night out, I can wear those platform heels that we all know and love, but rarely have the courage to wear during the regular 9-5. If I'm lounging at home, I can slip on my Ugg boots and be super comfy. And if I want to take a road trip, or go on vacation, I can slide on a pair of Havaianas, the tried and true flip flop that always cushions my feet and prevents me from getting tired at the end of the day.

But one thing I refuse to do is sacrifice style just because it's my day off. And that's why I am SO looking forward to buying a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins, because I had a pair as a child, and I need to resurrect this shoe trend into my shoe closet once again. Although I've obviously grown several shoe sizes since the time when my Dad bought me my very first pair of moccasins, I must say, I'm still in love with the super soft fur lining inside and the comfort that they offer to anyone who is lucky enough to own a pair of their very own.

It's like walking on a cloud when you slip on a pair, so you'll feel like you're in seventh heaven. You don't know what it's really like to live a day in my shoes until you've been there yourself, but these lightweight, durable moccasins will make the journey seem like it's a piece of cake.

(I found an awesome pair of Minnetonka's at DSW Shoes for $25.99 at Gilbert San Tan, in Arizona, but you can also purchase them online at dsw.com or at a DSW near you, or online at Minnetonka.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment