Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oh You Fancy, Huh...



One of the things I really miss since I've been working in my new job is that the dress code is so relaxed and so chill (because it HAS to be--I work with very young children, and they're so active and so prone to spilling red paint and playdough on their teachers and everyone else) is that I no longer get to wear pretty, classic career wear on a frequent basis, unless I'm going to a meeting all day, which is rare. When I'm teaching in the classroom, or traveling, most of the time, jeans are a staple.

Olivia Palermo is one of those women that we all love to hate. I personally don't hate the girl at all; in fact, I think she's very misunderstood. The one thing I do love most about her is her impeccable sense of style. She usually has her finger on the pulse when it comes to selecting high fashion pieces and mixing them with classic pieces like tailored suit jackets that look one part Brooks Brothers, and one part Calvin Klein. She can take a pair of Gucci shoes and a beautiful Balenciaga bag and throw in a top that she purchased at H&M and make the entire outfit look like she just drifted off the runway. This combo, with the gray tailored jacket and flowy, elegant ivory dress, makes me want to swap my new daily wardrobe for something much more chic, pretty, and, well, fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment