Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Elizabeth & James Dresses...How Do I Live Without You?



LeAnn Rimes sang "How Do I Live Without You" when I was a Freshman in high school, belting out the lyrics in that classic, famous voice. The song quickly topped the charts, and soon everyone was listening to the song. Women were drowning their sorrows after a breakup by cranking up the song on their radios or CD players, and men? Well, they just liked LeAnn. She was young and innocent.

LeAnn is not so young and innocent anymore, and plenty of people feel like they could live without her. Especially Brandy Granville, Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife, a.k.a., the scorned wife who was left for the millionaire musician after Eddie and LeAnn filmed a Nora Roberts movie together. I have to admit, though I am not one to judge people for what they do, even for their affairs or bad relationship behavior, this whole fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, and made me really hate LeAnn Rimes. I feel like the woman scorned, even though I don't know any of these people personally at all.

I would be the first person to criticize LeAnn for any poor choice in judgment, because I think she's a happy homewrecker and Eddie could've done MUCH better if he was going to cheat. To go from Brandi to LeAnn? Please. Clearly, he was money motivated. Sure, we're in a crappy recession, but none of us needs to be that desperate.

Still, I have to give the girl a thumbs up for the Elizabeth and James Soma dress she wore out in Hollywood, which you can purchase on Revolve.com for $445. The color scheme is flattering, the cut is perfect and flowy, and it's something I would personally wear, too.

I personally would not be joining LeAnn's fan club any time soon, nor would I be her friend on Twitter, or Facebook, for that matter, but I will give fashion props where props are due. With all the fashion f#@k up's in the world, it's a sight for sore eyes when someone gets it right. This may be a sign LeAnn is moving in the right direction. This is good, because the one thing nobody can live without is a closet full of flattering clothing.

Elizabeth and James Soma Dress, $445, www.revolveclothing.com



No comments:

Post a Comment