Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brunettes Have More Fun



A Transcript of a Text Message Conversation With a Great Friend of Mine (Who is Also a Man, and Does Not CARE about Hair):

ME: So, I have a really serious question for you. I need you to really think about it, I know it sounds funny, but I'm being completely serious here.

HIM: Ok, tell me what it is, and I'll tell you what I think.

ME: Should I highlight my hair, or keep it dark? Do blondes really have more fun? I can't remember if I did, when I had honey colored highlights, or if I like being a brunette better.

HIM: All the things going on in the world, and in your life, and you are seriously conflicted over the color of your hair?! You look great, either way. I don't know...

ME: Global warming is important, war, world peace, ending hunger...those are all important issues I'm concerned about. But my hair? Still needs to look pretty while I work on figuring out solutions to those problems. Thanks for your time.


I've been contemplating dying my hair (lightening it) for a few months now, but it really is a big commitment. It's almost like deciding to get into a new relationship. There's going to be some maintenance involved, you know you might have to dish out hefty amounts of money if you want to sustain it, and you will have to pay a professional to repair any split ends you may have.

That said, I think I decided to stay brunette once I saw this photo of Jessica Biel with brunette hair. Biel, ever the girl with beachy, flowy hair with caramel highlights, has gone darker for winter, evidently (or maybe a movie role?) and she looks great. Since we have a similar eye color (not really skin color, but eye color) the contrast of dark hair against tan skin with light eyes is always a little edgy and exotic. That's a look I could live with.

At least for a few months, until I am dying for a change again.
I'm sure I'll be texting many more people at that time to question what I should do about my hair color. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment