Breakfast at LC's...Where Champagne IS a Food Group

Everyone wants a place to feel at home...a place that feels like nothing bad could ever happen to them there...like Tiffany's. I am just a girl in the world with hopes & dreams like the rest of you, looking for that place for myself...& maybe my own little blue boxes along the way. Breakfast at LC's is my blog, where I can talk about life, love, fashion, media & family. Since MY dream is to always have a place where the people I love can gather for breakfast (or lunch & dinner) and talk, share, & laugh, I gave the blog a name: "Breakfast at LC's." xoxo, LC


Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Girls Go Bad...



One of the things I've observed since I've been teaching early childhood students is that even when little girls are 3, 4, or 5 years old, if you ask them who their alter ego is, or, what they want to be when they grow up, they're likely to tell you they want to be a princess.

Most little boys want to be a ninja.

Which, if you think about it, explains SO much about my dating life over the last 15 years.

Our society has raised young girls to believe that the key to happiness is to aspire to a crown of some sort, and to someday become a beautiful princess who is worshipped, pure of heart, and adored by her husband, the prince, who will one day inherit the throne once the in-laws kick the bucket.

Personally, after having viewed every Disney film in existence, especially the Disney Princess movies, I can tell you that we do girls a great disservice by putting these ideas in their heads. The idea that you can go through life being nice and sweet to men and that it's going to lead you to a guy who will whisk you away on a white horse is a load of bull, but more than that, it sets everyone up for disappointment.

Although each princess has some qualities that are admirable, the villainous women of the Disney films are always ignored or dejected. They're the bad girls on campus, the ones who have to fight for what they want because they can't rely on their looks or charm to get anywhere.

The bad girls are always the outcasts, but like the saying goes, good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere.

The Disney Villains collection by MAC has gorgeous hues and color schemes, shimmery shades that are sure to lure you in and make you want to do some damage to your credit card. The nail polish had me under a spell, but unfortunately for me, I didn't get to my favorite MAC counter in time to get the shade of polish I wanted before they'd sold out.

Check online or at MAC counters nationwide to check out the collection for yourself. If you're a Disney fan (whether a supporter of the Princesses or a lover of the Villains) you'll appreciate the sleek packaging and new colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment